The SADC de Papineau-Collines participates actively in the economic development of its territory. It initiates, organizes, and supports projects involving sustainable economic benefits within its collectivity. The SADC provides professional resources to municipalities and business communities to support them in initiatives prioritizing citizen participation and community ownership for a more prosperous community.
The SADC de Papineau-Collines prioritizes local economic development through the following actions:
- Develop structuring projects which aim to ensure the prosperity and quality of life of communities (i.e.: promotion of local buying, leisure, tourism, culture, heritage, environment, revitalization or citizen involvement);
- Join and participate in the realization of development projects launched by other economic development organizations in business communities;
- Facilitate the liaison, dialogue, and partnership between various local organizations and resources to pool their efforts and consolidate their network;
- Sit on various committees and tables to share its expertise;
- Create a keen interest for entrepreneurship within the population, particularly among young people, through promotional campaigns and group events;
- Develop tools, training, conferences, and support to enable wide dissemination of expertise within the sector.